When using our FTP or submitting are files to us in other formats, please review the following guidelines before submitting your files:
IMPORTANT – SENDING FILES:
- Sending files via Email:
- We can accept files up to 20 meg, but check with our email provider to ensure they will go through.
- Email files to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Files larger than 20 MB but under 20 GIG:
- Send files using our WeTransfer site.
- Include with your transfer a pdf OR .JPG proof of each version of artwork to be printed.
- After uploading, Please contact your Sales / Digital Color Specialist to place the order and provide file name & order information.
- Hightail (YouSendIt), Dropbox, CD, DVDs, & Jump Drive / Flash Drives also accepted.
ART FILE PARAMETERS:
- Programs: Illustrator & Photoshop files preferred;
- Acrobat print ready PDFs & InDesign files often have known issues during RIP Raster Imaging Process with applied special effects, transparency, overlays, shadow boxes, drop shadows & clipping masks.
- Make files CMYK Color Mode.
- BLEED – Provide minimum 1/4″ full bleed all around at full size.
- Convert all text to outlines (even PDF files before saving in PDF format.)
- Flatten all transparency & effects.
- 100% Full size of printing preferred but can 50% or 25% if necessary.
- Vector line art is preferred (also vector line art with images linked).
- Images should be linked, not embedded. Flatten all placed/linked Photoshop files.
- Linked images should be CMYK Color Mode.
- Imaged should be 100 ppi/dpi at full size of printing (at 50% size – 200 ppi/dpi; at 25% size – 400 ppi/dpi)
- Use Photoshop outlined clipping masks EPS files rather than layered PSD files with a transparent background.
- Layered PSD files with transparent backgrounds will not RIP correctly.
- Create gradients in Photoshop to avoid banding.
- Tonal range minimums should be 95% to 5% for gradients to avoid harsh drop-offs.
- Logos & important text should be away from any sew or grommet areas.
- Please provide a hard copy printout proof of each version of artwork to be printed or purchase Repros file check service.
- Please notate all important color information & any PMS Pantone Matching System colors if applicable.
Additional specifications Apply for Certain Types Of Projects/Designs/Files. Please click on the link below for additional guidelines